Those faculty who make use of Pearson’s MyLab and Mastering tool in your courses are able to take advantage of Canvas integration. This allows you to not have to access two separate websites, in order to assign and assess student work.
You will want to enable the Pearson MyLab and Mastering tool for each course that requires the integration. It isn’t something that is available universally, across all Canvas courses, since only a small percentage of faculty use this tool.
Here’s how to enable Pearson MyLab and Mastering tool within one of your courses:
- Log into Canvas as an instructor.
- Navigate to your Canvas course.
- Click Settings in the left hand navigation area of the course.
- Click the Navigation tab
- Scroll down to the hidden items section. Drag the MyLab and Mastering tool from under the Drag items here to hide them from students section to the desired position in the course navigation list above.
- Click Save
You will now have access to the MyLab and Mastering tool from within your Canvas course.
Time Zone Setting: Here are the steps to check the time zone that the course uses:
1. Enter your Canvas course
2. Click on MyLabandMastering
3. Click on Open MyLabandMastering
4. Click on Manage Course
5. Click on Additional Course Settings
The Course settings will show the time zone for the course and you have the option to change it. Assignments created will use the same time that the course uses.
NOTE: Pearson Education has determined there is an issue with the current MyLab and Mastering LTI integration with Canvas. The symptom of the issue results in a blank page being displayed when the MyLab and Mastering navigation link is selected in the course by either the Instructor or Students. Pearson has developed an alternative method while they develop a solution. The workaround can be found at http://help.pearsoncmg.com/mylabmastering/canvas/instructor/en/Content/add_modules_for_pearson_content_cnv.htm
Please follow these instructions to integrate Pearson MyLab and Mastering into your course. If you have any questions, please contact Jim Evans (ext. 6508)