Several features will be added to Canvas this new semester. Here are a few things you need to know.
- Classic Quizzes Timeline Update. If you are using Classic Quizzes, we highly recommend that you consider transitioning from Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes Although you have the option to use either, Canvas wants the move to New Quizzes to be compelling, not mandatory. As a result, the deadline for switching to New Quizzes has been removed, allowing faculty to determine what they need to be prepared for a successful transition. You will have to decide when to make the transition, but we are here to help if you need it. It is best practice to create quizzes within New Quizzes when creating a course from scratch.
- New Quizzes Hub. Canvas has created a New Quizzes Hub where faculty can find up-to-date roadmaps, release notes, and other resources to help them transition to New Quizzes.
- Scheduled Date Publication. It is now possible for faculty to schedule when a page gets published. While you have been able to schedule the release of assignments, or whole modules for a while, you are now able to schedule when you want a page to be published. To schedule a page for publication at a specific date and time:
- Navigate to that page.
- Click the edit page button in the top right.
- Select a Publish At  date and time  in the page options below the Rich Content editor.
- Save the page. (“save and publish” is not available when scheduling a page).
This adds a new icon to your published column, more than just the gray crossed circle for “unpublished” and the green check for “published.” Pages that are scheduled to publish in the future will have a red calendar icon instead.
Scheduled pages do not change the publication status of the module they are contained in. You must ensure the module itself is published (or scheduled to be), otherwise the page will still be unavailable at the module-level.
- Default Due Time. When you create Canvas assignments, discussions, or quizzes with due dates, you may notice that the time associated with the due date – the “due time” – is set to 11:59 pm by default. Due times can always be changed on an assignment-by-assignment basis, but now there is an easier way to handle due times for courses in which the default due time of 11:59 pm is rarely or never used. There is now a new setting in Canvas that allows you to set a different default due time for your course. Simply go to Settings  in your course and under the Course Details tab , scroll down to the Default Due Time , and choose the time you desire.