Professional development funds are available for faculty who have been invited to present at, or participate in, significant conferences, meetings, and other related research and professional activities. All full-time faculty are eligible for this award.
Application and Review Process
Faculty may complete an application to receive professional development funds at any time, though priority will be given to those who submit applications during the two, formal application periods. During the 2018-2019 academic year, applications that are submitted by faculty by the following deadlines will be formally reviewed by the Faculty Development Committee:
- Friday, September 7, 2018 by 5:00 pm (for travel occurring October 1 – January 31)
- Friday, January 11, 2019 by 5:00 pm (for travel occurring February 1 – July 31)
The Faculty Development Committee makes recommendations to IFD on professional development fund requests, based on the following criteria:
- Overall professional significance of the activity
- Anticipated benefits from participation (how it will enhance research and/or teaching)
- Degree of participation (active vs passive)
- Benefits to Vanguard University
Funds may not be awarded due to:
- Insufficient funds available
- Previously allocated professional development funds (to ensure participation by the most faculty possible)
- Insufficient follow up from prior professional development fund awards
Applications are to be reviewed by the faculty member’s Department Chair / Director, as well as the Faculty Development Committee.
Download this application form to apply.