It is recommended that all written assignments be run through Turnitin to help students improve their writing skills and avoid plagiarism. The easiest way to do this is through the external tool process within Canvas assignments.
To create a Turnitin Assignment:
- Click on your course page.
- Select Assignments on the course navigation menu.
- On the Assignments page, select the + Assignment button to create a new assignment.
- Scroll down to Submission Type, select External Tool, and click on the Find button that will appear under the heading Enter or find an External Tool URL.
- In the window that appears, scroll to the bottom, and click the Turnitin Then, press the Select button.
- You may now set the rest of your assignment preferences. Remember to press Save when you are done.
- To add Turnitin to an existing assignment, just follow Steps 4-6.
Settings in Turnitin
Once the Turnitin assignment is launched, click Settings within the Turnitin Tool to adjust the assignment dates and assignment’s maximum grade, as well as customize the assignment further.
To begin customizing the Turnitin assignment, select Optional settings. Here is a guide to help you understand the settings available and correctly customize the assignment.
Submit a Paper Directly to Turnitin
If you need to manually submit a single paper to Turnitin without first creating a class and assignment, please follow these directions.