Set Up Turnitin in Canvas
It is recommended that all written assignments be run through TurnItIn to help students improve their writing skills and avoid plagiarism. The easiest way to do this is through the external tool process within Canvas assignments.
To create a TurnItIn Assignment:
- Click on your course page.
- Select Assignments on the course navigation menu.
- On the Assignments page, select the + Assignment button to create a new assignment.
- Scroll down to Submission Type, select Online, and either Text Entry or File Upload. (These are the only submission types compatible with Turnitin).
- Enter the number of allowed attempts.
- Select the Plagiarism Framework – TurnItIn option from the Plagiarism Review dropdown menu. This reveals the TurnItIn settings you may be familiar with.
- Complete the TurnItIn settings, including any exclusions, then Save or Save and Publish.
How to Create Assignment-TurnItIn
Accessing Originality Report in Canvas
How to CREATE an assignment using TurnItIn:
How to CONVERT a legacy TurnItIn assignment:
How to ACCESS originality reports within Canvas: